There are maybe a handful of goals in my whole career in which I've actually been completely conscious... really!?... ya, in all seriousness... (and I know a lot of people will take the time right now to sit back and wonder if I'm ever actually conscious... and I forgive you for that...)... but by conscious I mean a goal where I'm actually thinking about what I'm doing... where I can read the play... know what's going on... do something... and the result is a goal... these might even be moves that I practice over and over on the off chance that, say, I do get a break down the left hand side... and thus... fake a shot five-hole, move the puck a foot to the right, and shoot over the glove into the guaranteed open top-right-shelf... trust me... it works in the NHL and thus must necessarily work everywhere else as well...
... The rest of my goals... and by enlarge the vast majority of them... are completely blacked out, complete luck, never to be repeated shots/tips/bounces that somehow found the back of the net...
... Sure, maybe I helped the possibility of a goal by being in the right position (in front of the net)... sure, maybe I shot the puck or tipped it with my stick... in the general direction of the net... check, check... and so a goal... but I constantly find myself... after the game (and more especially before the next game) wondering how I ever scored any goal in my life... and how in the world I'm going to score a goal next game...
... this may be a sports phenomenom where I am the only one that deals with it... I don't know...
... Fassa was another example of 2 goals with absolute no hope of repetition at all... maybe ever... by anyone... at least in the exact same way... and that's maybe the best and worst part of sports... maybe...
No comments:
Post a Comment