[What follows is, to the best of my knowledge, a recreation of an interview that just happened 5 minutes ago]
"Hey Brendan, how's it going, hope I didn't wake you..."
(Yawning... Rubbing my eyes... Clearing my throat) "No, ahem, of course not, it's 11:00 AM, people have been up for hours by now..."
"Okay Brendan, let's dive right in then.. I already interviewed your linemates together yesterday so I just want to round out the article with a few additions from you... Now, they said that you were mostly brought in as a defensive forward.."
"Ummm..."
"...they had said that a lot of what you do is to play the role of the decoy to distract the other team while Mike and Doug score... But that they realized that you should get some points so Mike had to teach you how to score... would you say that's accurate..?"
"Ahhh..."
"Do you feel your fitting into your role well?... Brendan?"
"Mike and Doug said all that?"
"Is it accurate?"
"Is what accurate?
"Well..ah.. is that how you see your role?" (this guy is obviously no stranger to the question game. One last very forced question..)
"Am I a defensive forward..?"
"Well... because you have a lot less points than them this year." (gotcha... haha ...chalk up another win in the question game...)
"Ya. I actually would like to see myself as a 'well-rounded' player... but Doug and Mike are the two best players on our team."
"So are you a little angry that your points are so much less?"
"No. You just can't feel that way. And also I try not to chisel as much as them. But I know that playing on their line I had something to do with their scoring, and if I've missed getting a few points here and there is just something you really can't worry about."
"Okay Brendan, thanks for your time..."
"Thanks for calling.."
[End Conversation]
Mental note: Never trust linemates NOT to sewer you... (Never trust linemates NOT to throw you under the bus)
3 comments:
HAHA, this may or may not be my favorite blog yet! I'm glad someones keeping you on your toes over there since I can't constantly be giving you a hard time from all the way across the ocean :)
Oh wow, that is amazing, I can't believe they said that. Was that a joke? Are these Canadian guys? That is so crazy. Sorry you had to go through with that. I love to see the article when the guy writes it. Maybe you should put that up on your blog?
No. Haha. That's the whole point. They're just joking around... and the guy didn't understand English all that well so even what they did say got embellished.
Post a Comment